Thursday, January 29, 2009

Prologue

This is the beginning part to Everybody Loves Henry. I'm a rookie writer, so please no nasty comments. I would enjoy constructive criticism though.
And I apologize for the bad quality of the screen shots. =(


Hey there. The name is Henry. Henry Parton. Most stories you read about young sims like me end in tragedy, or start in tragedy. But not mine. I was spoiled from the day that I was born.


My dad is a famous chef. He opened his own restaurant when I was a baby. And now, everyone knows who he is, and wishes
they were friends with him. But he keeps to himself way too often.


Except for me. I've always been able to get through to my dad. We play games together and tell stupid jokes. My dad doesn't have a good sense of humor though. Haha.


And then there's my Mum. She tells me that if I wanted to grow up well and get a good job, that I was going to have to be able to read and write excellently. Every night before bed, she reads to me. The books she reads to me differ every night, because she thinks I need to have a variety of literature in my life. And so far, she's been right.


So if I'm so spoiled, you're wondering why I'm here right? Why am I telling you this story if it's about boring, spoiled 'ol me? Because it's not about me. It's about someone more important than me. Way more important.


Jessica.

2 comments:

S@n February 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

The prologue was a nice introduction for your story. We got to know about Henry and his family, looks like he is a good kid with a really nice family!!!

Great job... I left a better comment on chapter 1... overall, I think you are doing a very good work, so keep it up and if you like writing, just go for it... there will always be people who like our stuff and people who won't like it at all....

but if you like what you do, then keep doing it...

listen to the constructive criticism and just put the destructive criticism where it belongs, right inside the trash can!!!

Take care and thanks for the links!!! I will add you to my reading list if you don't mind!

ashgirl195 February 10, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Haha thanks sandy! I like your criticism advice. I'll be sure to do that. Hehe.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP